Cenotes are natural sinkholes of cool water found throughout the Yucatan Peninsula. They are lost in the middle of the jungle and were regarded as mystical places by the ancient Mayan civilization. With the Xenotes Tour, you will get to know some of these natural beauties immersed in the Mayan jungle accompanied by a specialized guide.
Rappel down to the clear waters of Lu´um; the “Earth Xenote”, fly through the jungle at full speed on the exciting zip lines and enjoy an amazingly refreshing water-landing at Lik´; the “Wind Xenote”, swim and snorkel at Ha´; the “Water Xenote” and enjoy a fascinating kayak ride at the “Fire Xenote”; K´aak´. Or simply relax and swim in the refreshing waters while admiring the exuberant natural scenery.
Xenotes is part of a group committed with the environment that carries out actions for the sustainability of its tourism activities by carrying out awareness programs, programs for the protection of fauna and flora, and creating community centers, among other actions. One of their latest has been to reduce the use of single-use plastics in all their establishments. It is due to this and more that they have the EarthCheck Gold certification which, through scientific assessment, guarantees that the service provider manages and plans the resources used, innovates or maintains social responsibility and safeguards water.
Live a fantastic excursion and have a great time with your friends and family in the middle of the Mayan jungle!
About the tour
Minimum Age to Participate: 6+ years
Child age: 7 to 11 years
Free Child age: 0 to 6 years
- Visit 4 different types of cenotes
- Enjoy a fun kayak trip
- Slide on ziplines
- Have fun rappelling
- Relax swimming surrounded by nature
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Bring swimsuit
- Use biodegradable sunblock
- Bring extra cash
- Bring a change of clothes
- Wear water proof shoes
- Bring insect repellent
- Minimum age: 6 years old.
- Child rates apply for children aged 6 to 11 with an official ID.
- Requirements for zip line activity: minimum height 1.40 m (4'4") and weigh 40 kg (88lbs).
- The use of life jackets is mandatory.
- To protect the ecosystem, a shower is mandatory before getting into each cenote.
- This excursion is not recommended for pregnant women or people with heart, respiratory or back problems, diabetes or hypertension.
- For activities where the transportation is included, please contact NexusTours to confirm the pick-up time.
Wheelchair Accesible: No
Activity Level: Moderate
Languages: English, Spanish.
Tour Type: Eco-experiences, Theme Parks.