Begin this great adventure at the museum of a restored plantation house originally built in the 1700s. There you’ll find the powerful story of Trace Wilson, who was born into slavery on the property in 1818, and her direct descendant Emilio Wilson. See depictions of what life was like on a plantation and discover the customs, traditions, lifestyle, and stories that earned St. Maarten the nickname ‘The Friendly Island’.
Reach one of St. Maarten’s highest elevations at 1,125 feet, on the approximately 25-minute ride of Soualiga Sky Explorer. The experience encompasses two chairlifts and a series of platforms encircle the mountaintop showcasing 360-degree views of the island, including vistas of neighboring islands Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Barts and Anguilla.
Take a brief stroll to the transfer station. After an orientation and once with your safety equipment fastened, be ready for your exhilarating Sentry Hill Zipline flight over the mountain ridge.
To complete your thrill ride, enjoy a final trip on the Soualiga Sky Explorer to see the panorama of the beautiful Emilio Wilson Estate unfolding as you glide over the mountain to the base area.
After your fun-filled adventure, the souvenirs and your photos of each attraction will be available for purchase in the gift shop; as well as the menu of classic favorites with a new twist of the colonial restaurant Emilio’s.
About the tour
Minimum Age to Participate: 10+
Child age: 10 to 12 years
Free Child age: N/A
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- Alcoholic drinks/Open bar
- Soualiga Sky Explorer ride to Sentry Hill
- Stunning 360-degree panoramic view of St. Maarten and its surroundings
- Sentry Hill Zipline
- Get to know part of the history of “The Friendly Island” in the museum
- Use biodegradable sunblock
- Wear hat or cap
- Wear sunglases
- Bring extra cash
- Wear walking shoes
- Bring insect repellent
- Wear suitable clothing for the activity
- Transportation included for guests of Sonesta Maho Beach Hotel.
- Please confirm in advance the pick-up time and tour schedule with your representative.
- Height range: Min. 52 – Max. 80 inches.
- Weight range: Min. 100 – Max. 275 pounds.
- The activities are not recommended for pregnant women and people with heart, back and neck injuries.
- Please note this is an outdoor facility and guests should be prepared for weather conditions.
Wheelchair Accesible: No
Activity Level: Strenuous