About this activity
Each adventure at Rainforest Adventures Park begins in this restored plantation house originally built in the 1700s. The Museum tells the powerful story of Trace Wilson, who was born into slavery on the property in 1818 and her direct descendant Emilio Wilson. You will see depictions of what life was like on a plantation and learn about the customs, traditions, lifestyle, and stories that earned St. Maarten the nickname ‘The Friendly Island.’
Embark on the Soualiga Sky Explorer for the approximately 25-minute ride to the top of Sentry Hill, one of St. Maarten’s highest elevations at 1,125 feet. The experience encompasses two chairlifts and a series of platforms encircle the mountaintop, showcasing 360-degree views of the island including vistas of neighboring islands Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Barts and Anguilla. When you are ready to descend, simply aboard the Soualiga Sky Explorer and enjoy the scenic trip down the mountain.
After this fun-filled adventure, souvenirs and your photos taken in the attractions are available for purchase in the gift shop or, if you prefer, Emilio’s Restaurant, nestled among authentic antique colonial walls, offers a menu of classic favorites with a new twist.
About the tour
Minimum Age to Participate: 3+
Child age: 3 to 12 years
Free Child age: N/A
- Transportation to/from hotels
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- Alcoholic drinks/Open bar
- Additional services available
- Soualiga Sky Explorer ride at 2,997 ft in height
- Amazing 360-degree panoramic views from the top of Sentry Hill
- Beautiful landscapes of the neighboring islands, Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Barts and Anguilla
- Get to know part of the history of “The Friendly Island” in the museum
- Photographs and food available to purchase
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Use biodegradable sunblock
- Wear hat or cap
- Wear sunglases
- Bring extra cash
- Wear walking shoes
- Bring insect repellent
- Children must be able to sit on their own and must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is not permitted to sit children in laps, be in “packs” or anything that “straps” them to an adult.
- Please note this is an outdoor facility and guests should be prepared for the weather.
- The tour schedule is subject to change and must be confirmed in advance with your representative.
Wheelchair Accesible: Yes
Activity Level: Moderate