Las Hornillas Volcano Hot Springs at Miravalles Volcano.
We're going on an adventure. Join us for a Volcanic Adventure at the National Park of Costa Rica! Located on the undulating slopes of Miravalles volcano, Las Hornillas Volcanic Activity Center, where you can observe hot water springs, bubbling mud holes, fumaroles, and steam boilers. Walk along the volcanic foothills, explore the active crater's insides, and watch the smoke rise from the fumaroles as you listen to the volcano's history. After your tour, enjoy a therapeutic soak in the clay-rich mud baths and the mineral thermal hot springs. End your excursion by appreciating the stunning landscape of watersheds and volcanic foothills while you enjoy a delicious lunch at the on-site restaurant.
You'll have a mud bath like no other with our #LasHornillas experience!
About the tour
Minimum Age to Participate: All ages
Child age: 5 to 12 years
Free Child age: 0 to 4 years
- Additional drinks or food
- Explore the Miravalles Volcano crater.
- Relax in the mineral hot springs and mud baths.
- Observe hot water springs, bubbling mud holes, fumaroles, and boilers.
- Walk along the volcanic foothills and explore the insides of the active crater.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch amid picturesque landscapes.
- Soak in the mineral-rich hot springs and clay-filled mud baths for some much-needed R&R.
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Bring swimsuit
- Use biodegradable sunblock
- Wear hat or cap
- Bring extra cash
- Bring a change of clothes
- Wear walking shoes
- Bring insect repellent
- Bring raincoat
*French-speaking guide available only on Thursday during high season, from November 1st to April 30th. Please contact your representative.
Wheelchair Accesible: No
Activity Level: Moderate
Languages: English, Spanish, French.
Tour Type: Eco-experiences.